Newbie question

Robert White Robert.White@morganstanley.com
Sun Dec 16 14:07:00 GMT 2001

All

I have been using cygwin for some time now, as a replacement shell
basically on various flavours on Windows machines.

I only joined this list about a week ago however, and have noticed that
some of the mail is to do with server side networking, such as imetd.

I am very interested in setting something like this up, which from what
I infer from the questions allows telneting on to a box running cygwin.

I have checked the archives, and the user guide, but cannot find
anything about how to set up these daemons.

Could someone please provide some pointers?

Thank you in advance.

Rob White