RPM

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) lhall@rfk.com
Tue Dec 11 10:56:00 GMT 2001

At 12:24 PM 12/11/2001, gahan wrote:
>Hey i'd like to install rpm on cygwin. Is it possible? I saw some files
>like: package-for_cygwin.rpm. How to install them on cygwin?
>What i need? Where from i can download etc.

First, you need RPM.  Check the email list archives for any existing ports.
I'm not aware of any packages created via RPM for Cygwin thogh.  There was
a Cygwin-RPM project for a while at Source Forge with the goal of creating
an RPM-based Cygwin but that has since been discontinued.

Your best source of information for RPM and Cygwin is the email list
archives.  This will let you know what may be available and any
discussions surrounding it.