install question

Brian Keener bkeener@thesoftwaresource.com
Thu Dec 6 10:43:00 GMT 2001

Peter Buckley wrote:
> > the install. It asked where I wanted the root directory to be c:/cygwin,
> > when the final step comes through I get this:
> >
> > program error
> > cygwin.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows, you will need
> > to restart the program. This is the setup log
> >
> > 2001/12/06 11:27:53 Starting cygwin install, version 2.125.2.10
> > Current Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My
> > Documents\downloads
> > 2001/12/06 11:27:53 Command line parameters
> > 2001/12/06 11:27:53 0 - 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My
> > Documents\downloads\cygwin.exe'
> > 2001/12/06 11:27:53 1 parameters passed
> > source: download
> > Selected local directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My
> > Documents\downloads
> > net: Direct
> > 2001/12/06 11:28:01 Ending cygwin install

Joseph,

Make sure you do what Peter suggested, IE - I personally do a download from
internet and then an install from local directory, but others do just an install
from the internet.  Although it appears as three install options it is really
only two - download and install or straight install.

The big thing I question based on what I noticed in your setup.log above is what
mirror site did you select and also what packages did you choose to download or
what packages did the chooser show you it was going to download.  I ask because
I don't see the mirror site listed nor do I see any listed packages and when
setup downloads files it stores the downloaded names in the setup.log or
setup.log.full as well as the site name.

Brian Keener
bkeener@thesoftwaresource.com
75462.747@compuserve.com

Virtual  Access 5.51 build 315 Windows 2000 build 2195