xemacs 21.4 crashes with cygwin 1.3.6-1

Tom Howland Tom@Tomzilla.org
Mon Dec 3 15:13:00 GMT 2001

The cygwin release of xemacs 21.4 crashes with cygwin 1.3.6-1. The
problem is can be worked around by reverting back to the earlier release
of cygwin, cygwin 1.3.5-3

What is happening is that the assert on line 81 of xemacs/src/realpath.c
is reached with a null pointer. This happens only when I attempt to open
a file that has something to do with /cygdrive. That is, I can open
files unless I am using drive letter tricks like /c/temp/foo or
/cygdrive/d/baz

This is probably related to the changes in cygwin enabling treating
/cygdrive as a directory.