problem with cron and network shares

Cioffari, Joseph Joseph.Cioffari@aig.com
Thu Aug 23 09:00:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

I am currently able to execute the following command at the command line in
cygwin with no problem:

$cp /home/Administrator/test.doc J:/docs/sfrank   (Copies the file from my
local cygwin home directory to a mapped network share)

However, when I put this (or any cp/ftp/mv command that involves a network
share) in my crontab it spits back an error saying "Permission Denied" when
trying to copy the file over to the mapped network share.  It seems that
cron will only copy files to my local machine directories but not network
shares.

Just wondering why it works if I manually perform the operation but doesn't
work ("Permission Denied") when I run it through cron.  I've also tried
removing the file first just to make sure it wasn't copying over itself.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Joe

Joe Cioffari