vim60ar

Corinna Vinschen cygwin@cygwin.com
Thu Aug 23 07:04:00 GMT 2001

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 09:14:48AM -0400, Arafat wrote:
> Where can I find instructions on building from source? I've never done this
> but I'd like to learn.
>
> I've been using the regular win32 versions of the beta and am impressed byt
> it. I'd like to keep using it in my cygwin environment.

cd into the toplevel source dir,
edit src/config.h, eliminate the following three lines (only for the 6.0as
release!):

    #if defined(__CYGWIN__) || defined(__CYGWIN32__)
    # define WIN32UNIX      /* Compiling for Win32 using Unix files. */
    #endif

call `./configure && make',
if that worked you can call `make install' which installs vim into
/usr/local.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.