Cygwin version 1.3.2

Kern Sibbald kern@sibbald.com
Mon Aug 6 23:48:00 GMT 2001

Hello,

If Cygwin on WinNT is a different platform from Win9x,
why don't you distribute two copies of the binaries?

Linux whether it runs RedHat, SuSE, or Slackware flavors
are all called Linux.

Linux when it runs on IBM hardware on an s390 as
a VM is called Linux.

For Cygwin, the WinNT/Win98 issue is much more analogous
to the hardware (i.e. Intel vs s390)
than it is to the Operating System Name.

Please read my request carefully; you will see that I would
have added more information not less (Win). It is just a matter
of rearranging it. I suspect you have never been confronted
with porting your software to a different platform, so
it might be hard to appreciate the difficulties this
extra information (in the place it currently appears) creates.

This isn't worth discussing any more. I see we have different
views on it, which is fine.  I will program around the
complexities.

Best regards,

Kern