chroot bug

Noel L Yap yap_noel@jpmorgan.com
Mon Aug 6 15:51:00 GMT 2001

>> >So you're saying you get this result from a recent snapshot as well?
>>
>>Yes, I get this from the latest snapshot (I'm assuming that running the latest
>>setup.exe will get me the latest snapshot?).
>

>No, snapshots are different than the net release.  See
> http://www.cygwin.com/snapshots/  These are the current development
>builds representing the road to the next release.  If its broken here,
>it will be broken in the next release without additional attention.

I installed the latest snapshot of cygwin1.dll over my current cygwin1.dll.
"chroot /" still produces an error saying that "/bin/bash" isn't found.  Did I
test this right?  Should I have rebooted?  Where can I get the tarballed source
for chroot?  What else can I do to track this down?

Thanks,
Noel

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates.