sshd on win2k [revisit]

Dmitrii Pasechnik dima@cs.uu.nl
Mon Apr 30 12:06:00 GMT 2001

On 30 Apr 2001, Harry Putnam wrote:

>Its been a while since I checked on the availability of packages that
>installs sshd on a win2k.
>
>Is it still amatter of tinkering or is there a package out that just
>installs it, and allows win2k to run a sshd daemon?

it is still quite far from automatic.
As you know, there are two separate problems there:
1) giving  the right permissions to the users;
2) installing sshd as a service.

Regarding 2), I saw at least one GPL-ed program that happily
installs and manages itself as a service, etc, namely WinVNC
(see http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/ )
It most probably could be used as a code sample to build
such a thing for sshd.

Could be a nice project for a student, or for someone with a knowledge of
Win32 registry programming...

--
Dmitrii Pasechnik
e-mail: d.pasechnik@twi.tudelft.nl