Cygwin service doesn't get NT shutdown notification

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 10:35:00 GMT 2001

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 11:47:14AM -0500, Fred Yankowski wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 12:09:14PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>grep -i "shutdown" *.cc
>
>Been there, done that, no joy.
>
>In the interest of due dilegence, I went back and tried again,
>searching all *.cc and *.c files in the cygwin package.  There are a
>few matches, but they are spurious, having to do with closure of
>individual FD and socket objects.

Sorry.  You're wrong.  I specifically tried that command prior to
suggesting it.  It shows 16 matches.  One of them (the one in
exceptions.cc) is the particular one that I was referring to.

This leads me to suspect that your intensive efforts at studying the
sources could not have been too intensive.

cgf