bug report: sscanf problem with cygwin 1.3.1-1

Mark Schamberger Mark_Schamberger-A11451@email.mot.com
Fri Apr 27 09:44:00 GMT 2001

I have verified this problem on three different machines, each with the
complete "current" installation of cygwin.  (Windows NT4.0 sp6, Windows
2000 sp1)

When using sscanf to read double values from a string, the resulting
value is incorrect.  The following piece of code demonstrates the
problem:

#include <stdio.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
        double d;

        sscanf("12.345","%lg",&d);
        printf("%lg\n",d);
}

Instead of the expected 12.345, it results in 12345 (it appears that
decimal points and exponents are not understood properly).

If I revert FROM cygwin 1.3.1-1 back TO cygwin 1.1.8-2, the bug
disappears.

Anyone else experience this problem?

Thanks, Mark Schamberger
mas@labs.mot.com