compiled screen-3.9.8 but doesn'r run :°°(

Patrick Ohnewein pohnewein@prodata.it
Tue Apr 24 01:00:00 GMT 2001

Please help,
I downloaded the src for screen-3.9.8.

Patched 2 lines in 2 files of it.

So it compiled, ohh I was happe ;)

But starting it, I get the following:
unofficial$ screen
Directory /tmp/uscreens/S-Patrick must have mode 700.

Now Patrick is my user name and I suppose it is some socket locking or
stuff like that, which will be done in that dir, but I really don't
know, I am a newbie.

Now I am able to set mode 700 to that dir, using
$ chmod 700 /tmp/uscreens/S-Patrick

but than he complains about
Directory '/tmp/uscreens' must have mode 777.

which I am not able to set, anymore. I suppose because I am in the group
None, but I don't know how to create groups and how to add me to one.

Here the ls output:
/tmp$ ls -l
total 0
drwxr-xr-x   3 patrick  None            0 Apr 24 09:22 screens
drwxr-xr-x   3 patrick  None            0 Apr 24 09:44 uscreens

Even I donna know if this would fix the real problem, I just wonna run
screen, and the only port I've found was
Glenn_s Cygwin port of Screen-3.07.06 (FAU) 25-Nov-98
which had some trouble with my prompt settings.

Would bge very glad if someone could point me to the right direction, I
am sure there are lots of u using screen.

thx pazzo

p.s. include a direct cc to my mail adress, couse on the mailing list is
soooo much traffic, I even didn't manage to unsubscribe (would like only
the digests), but thats another story :)

|  Save software competition, use Linux and Java!
|
|  Also visit http://www.lugbz.org the Linux User Group in Southtyrol!
|
|  Public PGP KEY: http://www.lugbz.org/PGP_PatrickOhnewein.asc

Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.