Backwards typing under load

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Sun Apr 22 19:31:00 GMT 2001

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 06:49:28PM -0700, Brion Vibber wrote:
>I've noticed that when my system (Windows 98 SE, Cygwin 1.1.8) comes
>under sudden, heavy load (especially heavy disk i/o), some keyboard
>input in my cygiwn shell comes out backwards!

I've just tried this on my laptop.  I started The Byrds "Turn Turn Turn"
going and did two simultaneous searches for nonexistent files.

It took several seconds for my bash window to even grab focus.  The echoing
was pretty slow, but it was always in the correct order.

So, I can't duplicate this.  I've looked at the typeahead code in cygwin.
There used to be a bug like this in older versions of the DLL but I don't
see anything similar there now.

cgf