SSHD Fails with Exception: Can anybody help?

Lapo Luchini lapo@lapo.it
Thu Apr 19 04:26:00 GMT 2001

> > Configured package files, host key, etc.  ssh client works great.  sshd from various
> > hosts exiphits the same problem.  SSH Daemon allows connection and authentication.
> > Some commands like cd and pwd work, other such as ls cause a stack dump to the remote
> > screen.
> Seems to be a problem in 1.1.8. The problem should be solved in
> the developers versions.

I have the same problem and I have found the following things:
using cmd.exe as a shell gives no problems, even if it's ugly (repeat
every line after return is pressed)
using bash the exception is raiser, but only loading other cygwin exes,

so there is a little workaround to "use" sshd under windows right now:
instead of "ls" use "cmd /c ls", it works...
you can even use "cmd /c bash" and get a working shell, but again you
have the problem of repeated lines

I hope you solve it soon ^_^

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini