inetd and the .conf file

Peter Buckley peter.buckley@cportcorp.com
Tue Apr 17 15:49:00 GMT 2001

I downloaded everything from the RCN mirror- (I selected everything) for an
internet install of cygwin 1.1.8, to go on NT4.0 SP5. But for some reason, I
don't have a .conf (configuration file) for inetd. A co-worker has the same
computer setup, and he downloaded cygwin a month or so ago, and he has the
.conf file, and when he types "inetd d" at the bash prompt, he gets
output/data on his screen, whereas when I type "inetd d" at my bash prompt,
I get nothing. I have tried downloading the latest versions again with the
setup.exe file- which didn't change anything. I also tried installing from a
local directory (my co-workers shared folder of the latest cygwin stuff that
he downloaded and that works on his PC) but that didn't change anything
either. Please email me with any ideas, fixes, or places to look for an
answer.

Thanks,

Peter Buckley
C-Port Corporation, a Motorola Company