What's a good stable snapshot DLL?

Troy Noble troy.noble@channelpoint.com
Mon Apr 16 07:45:00 GMT 2001

Am having some relatively frequent Dr. Watson dialogs on Win2K and NT 4
SP6a.
Access Violations.  Using 1.1.8-2 version of the DLL from a "cygwin/latest"
mirror.

It's seems to happen in all sorts of places... echo.exe, make.exe, bash.exe,
basepath.exe.  Seems to be somewhat random, in other words I can't reproduce
it the same way twice.  And it only seems to occur on machines where I have
cygwin on the d: drive instead of the c: drive.

So am willing to try a snapshot of the DLL as is frequently suggested on the
list.
My question is, what is a good stable version I can try (looking for minimal
risk if
possible).  Saw one reference to

ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/snapshots/cygwin1-20
010411.dll.bz2

but that seems awfully recent.  Is it generally safe using ones that recent
given
that these are built off of developer sources almost daily?

Thanks, Troy