GL/gl.h in w32api

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 17:40:00 GMT 2001

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 11:32:56AM -0600, Roger Sayle wrote:
> >
> >Andre Bleau wrote:
> >> Maybe there is some misunderstanding here.  The OpenGL package for
> >> Cygwin _already_ contains the headers for MS implementation of OpenGL
> >> and GLU.
> >>
> >> As for -mno-cygwin support, it will be included in the next version of
> >> Cygwin's OpenGL package (probably next week). Headers are now in
> >> /usr/include/GL and, IMO, should stay there to maintain compatibility.
> >> There will be a soft link from /usr/include/mingw/GL to /usr/include/GL.
> >> Maybe there should be another from /usr/include/w32api/GL ? ...maybe
> >> not if -mno-cygwin support is present, as mentioned above.
> >

> >My understanding of the current organization of cygwin's include files
> >is that header files specific to cygwin's runtime appear in /usr/include,
> >header files specific to mingw's runtime appear in /usr/include/mingw and
> >Microsoft Win32 APIs common to both occur in /usr/include/win32api.
> >
> >OpenGL is such a Microsoft API and the appropriate headers should be
> >placed in /usr/include/w32api/GL.  The current opengl-1.1.0-3 places
> >the headers in /usr/include and therefore doesn't support "-mno-cygwin"
> >compiles, as reported by your postings in February.  Adding a symbolic
> >link from /usr/include/mingw/GL to /usr/include/GL in the next release
> >would solve the issue, but not in keeping with the current cygwin
> >philosophy.
> >
> >Similarly, "-mno-win32" should hide these win32 API headers.
>
> IMO, the GL headers should go into /usr/include/w32api/GL.  That
> would accomodate both cygwin and mingw-under-cygwin.

I've come to the same conclusion as to about where they should be
located.  However, I think that the OpenGL package should be what puts
them there.  I can be convinced otherwise though.  If Andre Bleau or
anyone else want's to consider matching lib/*.def and include/GL/*.h
files to be included in the w32api package then please upload the
patches with appropriate ChangeLog entries at
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=2435&atid=302435 and
I'll take a look.

Earnie.