Login/Domains

CyberZombie CyberZombie@mediaone.net
Wed Apr 11 14:57:00 GMT 2001

From: "Corinna Vinschen" <cygwin@cygwin.com>
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 02:42:25PM -0500, CyberZombie wrote:
> > debug1: next auth method to try is publickey
> > debug1: try pubkey: /home/K02189/.ssh/id_rsa
> > debug1: authentications that can continue:
> > publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
> > debug1: next auth method to try is password
> >
> > I double-checked and the entry in authorized_keys2 is the (generated w/
> > latest openssh 2 days ago) same as exists on the client.
authorized_keys2
> > is mode 0600.  Owner of authorized_keys2 is root:None (None is what
groups
> > reports for root).
>
> What are the modes and owner of ~ and ~/.ssh? sshd has a rather
> paranoid relation to security...
> The modes shouldn't be more relaxed than 0755.

SUCCESS!  I have had this problem since before Christmas and never thought
to look beyond the file-level security.  Thank you!  Now I can finish the
little sh script that loops on reconnecting to my home box so that I can
reverse-VNC back to the office when needed (I needed ssh-agent to provide
the password -- and NT authentication doesn't use that)...