Eliminate make's search for sh.exe under Cygwin?

Derek Pomery dpomery@cuc.edu
Tue Apr 3 20:12:00 GMT 2001

> Hmm...  I seem to recall that make goes through lots of extra logic when
> WIN32 is defined so perhaps the removal of that definition alone will
> help.  (I haven't looked recently.)  Perhaps you should ask the "cause
> some problem" question internally at sources.redhat?  I can't fathom
> that it would cause problems for the normal "I want UNIX or bust" user.

Yes!  That's me exactly!  I think I will change my shell prompt to:
UnixOrBust!#
Pity I still can't get ntsec logon authentication to work, especially now
that I'm reading that ntsec allows cygwin to do true permissions (although I
thought Corinna's ntsec FAQ said that NT couldn't emulate posix permissions
perfectly).