heap_chunk_in_mb reg entry !?

Axel Kowald axel@itb.biologie.hu-berlin.de
Tue Apr 3 02:13:00 GMT 2001

Hello,

I just bought 512MB RAM for my win2000 machine because a number
crunching program which I have compiled with cygwin needs it. However,
despite the fact that it now should have enough physical memory it gives
an out of memory error :-(

I heard that there is a registry entry "heap_chunk_in_mb" which tells
cygwin how much heap space to use. Unfortunately I can't find it in the
registry. It's definitely not under HKLM\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin.

Any idea where it should be and which value it should have (I mean is it
in kB or MB units).

Many thanks,

	Axel Kowald