BASH question

Pytel, Diane diane.pytel@lmco.com
Mon Sep 11 07:56:00 GMT 2000

Help!
I'm a first time user of cygwin stuff and trying to install it on a PC
with
Windows 95 OS.  When I try to run a small C program I keep getting the
message:
BASH.EXE: a.exe: cmd not found.  Details of installation are below

I wrote a small C program from class and got an a.exe file.  I guess I
don't understand 2 things:
1)  why I'm getting a .exe file from gcc.  This means I'm operating in
DOS.  I thought choosing UNIX would override that but I guess I'm too
dumb about dos and such.
2)  why I'm getting the error msg BASH.EXE: a.exe: cmd not found

Thank you.
Diane Pytel

To set up I did the following:
Clicked the install cygwin now and downloaded set up.
double clicked to run set up
hit next
hit install from Internet
local package dir is C:\\Windows
direct connect
download site ftp.freesoftware.com
under select, all of the ones that I think I wanted were listed so I did
nothing even though it said select (clicking on them gave a 'skip' so
this page was left alone)
It downloaded everything and gave me an installation complete.

OH yeah, somewhre in there I chose, UNIX and for me only.