vivian hunt

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Mon Oct 30 11:58:00 GMT 2000

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 06:31:15PM +0000, Vivian Hunt wrote:
>Dear sir/madam
>   I recently downloaded cygwin from your site. I have several files =
>with the extension .tar and these are
>opened in winzip, which won't open them for me. Can you tell me which =
>software does please.
>
>           e-mail:    vivianhunt85@hotmail.com

Go to the cygwin web site at: http://www.cygwin.com/ and click
on the "Install Cygwin Now" link.  That will download a program that is
used to install Cygwin.

You are aware that Cygwin emulates the UNIX environment, right?  .tar
and .tar.gz files are common in this environment (they are files created
with the 'tar' utility) so I'm just double checking.

cgf