access cygwin 1.1.4 from server

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Tue Nov 28 06:24:00 GMT 2000

--- "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall@rfk.com> wrote:
> At 02:42 PM 11/27/2000, Kirschner, Paul E.        UTRC wrote:
> >
> >I tried just adding the proper paths in a DOS window but the compiler
> >complains about C header files and crt0.

-8<-

> You need to mount some directories:
>
>    mount -b //remote/share/cygwin/dir/usr/bin /usr/bin
>    mount -b //remote/share/cygwin/dir/usr/lib /usr/lib
>    mount -b //remote/share/cygwin/dir /

As I suggested to Paul, I didn't add the mounts as binary mounts since his
users are using the command.com/cmd.exe shell.  Binary mounts will get in the
way.  I also suggested using the -s switch so that whomever logs into a local
machine will get a default mount point.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd