To all of developers: please use .txt not .doc extension

Robinow, David drobinow@dayton.adroit.com
Tue Nov 28 06:19:00 GMT 2000

 I can understand the argument against .doc, but I don't understand why
.txt is advisable.  On the average naive user's machine double-clicking
on a "unix-like" file with .doc extension results in a readable file
whereas the same file renamed to a .txt extension starts Notepad which
can't properly handle the line endings.
  Rectification of this problem would essentially cause Notepad to not be
usable for most purposes (Probably a good thing)