Recommendation on handling identifier name collisions?

Harold Hunt Harold@compasstechnologies.com
Mon Nov 20 12:45:00 GMT 2000

I'm a developer on the Cygwin/XFree86 project; I am running into identifier
name collisions when I try to include both XFree86 and Windows headers in
the same source file.  I'm wondering if any of the Cygwin developers have
found a solution to identifier name collisions, as I figure that Cygwin
developers have probably run into similar problems during the development of
Cygwin.  XFree86 is compiled with C, so C++ namespaces are right out.  Also,
any potential solution has to work for #defines as well as functions and
global variable names...

Don't worry about it if there is no known solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Harold

(Please CC me, as I am not subscribed to the Cygwin list)