newbie - cygwin1.dll error

Vulcan Helicopters vulcan@vulcanheli.co.nz
Sat Nov 18 21:38:00 GMT 2000

I have managed to get gcc to compile a program, but when I try and run it
(by double clicking the .exe in explorer) I get the following error:

A required .DLL file, CYGWIN1.DLL, was not found

I have not installed the complete cygwin project, so this may be causing
the problem.  If this is the case, which package do I need to install?

If I compile it with

g++ -mno-cygwin hello.cc -o hello

I get:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot open crt1.o: No such file or directory

Once again I think this may be due to not having installed all of cygwin.
(We have an extremely slow connection)

Thanks
wade

Vulcan Helicopters