Porting apps newbie help required.

Ray Donnelly raydonnelly@chorltonhome.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Nov 13 05:46:00 GMT 2000

Hi,

I've been looking into porting some source code ( http://psxdev.de ) to
cygwin. I'm currently trying to get an io driver working for communication
with sony playstations.

The Makefile contains the following two lines...

KERNEL=/usr/src/linux

include $(KERNEL)/Rules.make

I was wondering if you knew what I should have instead. Also, the makefile
references a linux program called alias, what is this? Here's the output of
trying to install it..

root@ERNEST /usr/src/psxdev-core-2.0.0
 $ ./install /opt/psxdev
 install: /etc/profile.d/psxdev.sh: No such file or directory
 alias: not found
 make: Entering directory `/opt/psxdev/pccl'
 Makefile:88: /usr/src/linux/Rules.make: No such file or directory
 make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/src/linux/Rules.make'.  Stop.
 make: Leaving directory `/opt/psxdev/pccl'

Also, what should I do about c files including kernel.h, what's the
replacement for this?