OpenSSH Strangeness on Windows 2000

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Mon Nov 13 00:23:00 GMT 2000

Lee Thompson wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 01:11:05 +0100, you wrote:
> > Try
> >       setfacl -m u:system:r-- /etc/ssh*
> >
> > to add read permission to `system'. I'm assuming that you have a
> > well defined /etc/passwd file.
> >
> > If that doesn't work (or you don't want to work with complex ACLs)
> > change ownership of the private key files to `system'.
> >
> > If that doesn't work either send the contents of your sshd_config file.
>
> Still no joy.
>
> Here is the sshd_config:
> [...]

Sorry, I don't know what's going on. Did you ever try `ssh -v'?
The debug output created by that command might give a hint. If
that's not enough you should create a batch file which is started
as `sshd' service and that batch file starts

    `C:\Cygwin\usr\sbin\sshd -d > C:\cygwin\tmp\sshd.dbgout'

This works only once each try and you would have to restart the
service for the next try but afterwards you have lots of output
from sshd and it probably explains the reason.

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.
mailto:vinschen@redhat.com