CVS Server on NT

Füller, Dominik fueller@cai.de
Thu Nov 9 05:50:00 GMT 2000

I have a Win NT 4.0 Machine and i installed the latest cygwin package.
CVS 1.11
inetutils 1.3.2
cygwin.dll from 3.8.2000

telnet and ftp works fine, but not cvs.

etc/inetd.conf:
cvspserver stream tcp   nowait  root    /usr/bin/cvs             cvs
--allow-root=/test pserver

/etc/services:
cvspserver  2401/tcp    (I think, it has no effect)

Starting inetd in debug modus, i got following output:
ADD : cvspserver proto=tcp, wait=0, user=root builtin=0 server=/usr/bin/cvs
FREE: cvspserver proto=tcp, wait=0, user=root builtin=0 server=/usr/bin/cvs

Try to login as client:
cvs -d :pserver:fueller@localhost:/shared/repositories/ login

Output of cvs-client:
cvs [login aborted]: connect to localhost:2401 failed: Connection refused

Can somebody help me ?

Best regards

Dominik Füller
baeurer componentware GmbH