Error: couldn't make stderr distinct from stdout

Georges, Chris Chris.Georges@disney.com
Mon Nov 6 22:36:00 GMT 2000

I just upgraded my cygwin installation from 1.0 to the latest cygwin DLLs
(cygwin-1.1.5-4) and now almost every utililty (ls,cat,etc) prints out
"couldn't make stderr distinct from stdout" when it starts.  tcsh prints the
error and exits.  I backed out to cygwin-1.1.4 and got the same problem.  I
am running all of these apps remotely in a telnet window connected a windows
2000 telnet server (the default one that comes with win2k) on a remote
machine, this worked fine until I upgraded cygwin.  The apps appear to run
OK when run in a normal window on the local machine.

Thanks for any help,
chris