help me!

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Sun Nov 5 21:33:00 GMT 2000

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 12:47:01PM +0800, yaohao wrote:
>hello!
>
>   I install cygwin,that download from ttp://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/setup.exe
>in 2000,10,31.
>   enviroment :nt40 , sp6
>   package:   cvs-1.11.0-1.tar.gz
>              cvs-1.11.0-1-src.tar.gz
>              gdbm-1.8.0-3.tar.gz
>              gdbm-1.8.0-3-src.tar.gz
>              gettext-0.10.35-2.tar.gz
>              gettext-0.10.35-2-src.tar.gz
>              hercules-1.68.tar.gz
>              jbigkit-1.2-3.tar.gz
>              jbigkit-1.2-3-src.tar.gz
>              jpeg-6b-3.tar.gz
>              jpeg-6b-3-src.tar.gz
>              libpng-1.0.8-2.tar.gz
>              libpng-1.0.8-2-src.tar.gz
>              tiff-3.5.5-3.tar.gz
>              tiff-3.5.5-3-src.tar.gz
>              zlib-1.1.3-5.tar.gz
>              zlib-1.1.3-5-src.tar.gz
>    accorrding to the precedure, i step by step do. when i double click cygwin icon in tesktop, the windowns is appear very quick,but it is go soon.  i can not enter any command.
>
>    please help me !
>
>    pls reply to me . email:  yaohaoyh@263.net

You didn't install any of the parts that are required to actually *use*
cygwin.  At the very least, you have to download the cygwin-1.1.4 and bash packages.
You'll probably want the ash package too.

If you are using libraries, you'll want gcc and binutils.

In fact, it would be safest to not try to pick what you need (since you
obviously don't really know what you need) and just download everything.

cgf