patch text mode problem with latest CVS source

Jason Tishler Jason.Tishler@dothill.com
Fri Nov 3 06:09:00 GMT 2000

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 05:14:51PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> It seems to be controlled by the value of your "TMP" (or possibly
> "TEMP") environment variable.  If that is set to a directory that is
> mounted as text, then the resulting file has \r\n line endings.

Diff-ing cygcheck outputs between 1.1.4 and 1.1.5-3, I determined
exactly what is the root cause.  I had my TMP variable set as follows:

    export TMP=$SYSTEMDRIVE\\tmp

just in case some Windows programs were using this variable.  In 1.1.4,
the TMP (and TEMP) environment variable was automagically converted
into a POSIX style path, while in 1.1.5-3 it remained unchanged.  Hence,
I was bitten by the unmounted drives defaulting to text mode feature.

Thanks,
Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235