rcp losing connection

Mike Ayers x99969@yahoo.com
Wed Nov 1 15:34:00 GMT 2000

I am having trouble with rcp.  Whenever I use it I get:

rcp: lost connection

This happens even for local file copies if the machine is specified,
e.g. "rcp file `uname -n`:`pwd`/newfile".  However, "rcp file newfile"
works fine.

Two questions:

1.)  Has anyone experienced this already?

2.)  How can I trap debug output from rshd and/or inetd?  I get some
messages in the Event Viewer indicating that rshd got its command, but
no indication of what went wrong.  If I'm to ask for help, I'll want to
provide copious details.

Thanks,

/|/|ike