New Cygwin: "commands commence before first target"

Jason Tishler Jason.Tishler@dothill.com
Thu May 25 08:26:00 GMT 2000

Bob,

Bob Kline wrote:
> We tried the second solution, but it didn't solve the problem.  The
> first solution wasn't very attractive, at least for our project.  If
> nothing else, it destroys the usefulness of rcsdiff output, unless you
> insert some extra plumbing to filter the intermediate copies of the
> different versions of the files.  We settled on a third solution,
> recommended by several other list members, backing out the cygwin tools
> until we can determine whether the next version unbreaks things.

Another solution is to upgrade to make 3.79, which is tolerant of
carriage returns in makefiles -- this works great for us.

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235