need MAKE help

Robert Soukop rsoukop@zucotto.com
Thu May 18 09:10:00 GMT 2000

I've been using cygwin B20 and make 3.77 for the
past while and most of the features I have needed have worked for MAKE, except
for ifeq and ifneq (which I really need), and assigning values to
variables.  I recently started using Cygwin 1.1.1 and cannot get make to
work at all.  Is there any setup necessary to make this work.  The
problem I am having is that - first of all, I can't include any files.
Second, if I don't include any files, i get the error - 'needed by foo.
Stop.arget'. Thanks - Rob