B20 Question about PS and KILL

Michael D Lueck mdlueck@cmsenergy.com
Wed Mar 29 06:06:00 GMT 2000

I have used a PS and KILL program on OS/2 for many years - from an IBM employee
written program source called AIXLIKE. It is able to show me all processes on
the system and kill them

With your version on NT, PS only shows me the PID for PS.

If for example I start Notepad, open the NT Task Manager to find the PID for
Notepad, and then use KILL to try to kill it, it says the PID does not exist.

I am logged on as Admin, if that makes a difference, I can try starting a CMD
session as System, but I view that as a bit extream.

Is this the intended behavior, or is something wrong.

Thanks!
Michael Lueck