Internal Compiler Error

Christodoulos Fragoudakis cfrag@softlab.ece.ntua.gr
Mon Mar 27 22:05:00 GMT 2000

OK let me give you some more pieces of information
about my problem
Cygwin B20  is installed on NT4 Server and
/ is mounted to f: drive where Everybody has full
control permissions. There is a sudirectory
of f:, f:\tmp where again Everybody has full control permitions. Drive f: on the
server is shared as "unix" to the network so when I am on a NT Workstation I can
map this share as drive z:. So I can make a shortcut to
z:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\cygnus.bat where all drive letters are changed to z:. Up to
here everything is fine, I can start the bash shell and my prompt says a nice
"user@pc13 ~ >" (it recognises who i am and the pc i am working on). If I am
administrator I can also use gcc and compile my programs nicely (simple programs
because I teach an intoduction to language C). If i am an ordinary user and try
to compile something like main(){printf("Hello");} i get the error
message

/home/noer/src/b20/comp-tools/devo/gcc/choose-temp.c:206: Internal
Compiler error in function make_temp_file

I dont think that it is a permissions problem on
/tmp because Everybody has full control.
Is it something wrong about the above
installation? Please help because I cant allow all my students to log on as
administrators!!!

Thank you very much

Christodoulos Fragoudakis
cfrag@cs.ntua.gr