net release 1.1.0 (was: about the id -Gn)

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Mon Mar 27 10:07:00 GMT 2000

--- John Wiersba <John.Wiersba@medstat.com> wrote:
> > Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > >
> > > Neither with b20.1 nor with 1.0
> > > But it's already possible with the developer snapshots and so
> > > it will be possible in the next net release (1.1.0), too.
>
> I've seen a few references to an impending net release.  Does "net release"
> mean a release that is freely downloadable over the net?  If so, is there a
> freely downloadable v1.0 release corresponding to the v1.0 CDROM release?

Not per se but the snapshots for sometime were labeled as v1.0.  The v1.1 will
be a "Net Release", i.e.: You can use ftp to download it.  The next "Net
Release" after v1.1 will be v1.3 regardless of if v1.2 exists.  It will be
intended that version with odd minor release be the net release and version
with even minor release be the retail release.

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
            __Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__