not updating unwritable cache ../config.cache

John Wiersba John.Wiersba@medstat.com
Fri Mar 24 15:25:00 GMT 2000

I saw the "across the board" mentioned in the faq or user guide.  Is there a
work-around?  Perl's cpan command is totally broken because of this.

Is it fixed in one of the later snapshots?  I don't want to be on the
bleeding edge, but I do want to be able to compile the cygwin code on my
machine.  Is there a relatively stable snapshot I should upgrade to?

Thanks,
John