VirtualAlloc failed from DOS Prompt

Remi Lejeune Remi.Lejeune@lhs.be
Mon Mar 20 02:48:00 GMT 2000

Hello :-)

I am facing a weird problem, and maybe somebody we'll be able to help :

I have a program, blablabla.cpp, which compiles (gnu g++)  and runs successfully
 on various platforms, including windows NT/ cygnus provided bash shell.
Though, when I try to run the VERY SAME executable calling it from a DOS prompt
(whith cygwin1.dll in the same directory),
I get the following error messages :

[main] C:\Remi\backbone\scripts\PPlmTools\bin\debug\blablabla.exe 1535 (0)
commit_and_inc: VirtualAlloc failed
bla bouh
[main] prunebigrams 1535 (0) handle_exceptions: Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
[main] prunebigrams 1535 (0) handle_exceptions: Dumping stack trace to
blablabla.exe.core

What I dont understand is how come this program runs on the bash shell and
crashes when called from the DOS prompt, with the same parameters of course.

Any idea ?

Remi@completely.stuck