problems with tcsh 6.08.00 port in B20.1

Ian Miller ian@gingerspice.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 4 23:09:00 GMT 2000

Hi, I've observed the following (minor) problems with Corinna Vinschen's
tcsh 6.08.00 port in conjuction with B20.1 :

* set correct = cmd

	$ od
	$ cd ?
	$ which od
	/c/CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/USR/BIN/od
	$ which cd
	cd:      aliased to cd !*; clear; ls; echo ""
	$ co
	$ c ?
	$ which co
	/c/CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/USR/LOCAL/BIN/co
	$ which c
	c:       aliased to clear

* set complete = enhance

	$ ls
	rcs-5.7-cygwin-b20-bin.tar.gz
	rcs-5.7.tar.gz
	$ gunzip rcs-5.7.[TAB]

	- invokes the bell - it won't complete any further than that!
	- but gunzip rcs-5.7-[TAB] does complete

Also is there any way of getting completions without the trailing .exe,
which Cygwin doesn't like? e.g.

	$ tc[TAB]  {completes to}
	$ tcsh.exe {which won't run}

I don't know if these problems are specific to the port, or general
tcsh problems - please accept my apologies for the off-topic post
if it is the latter!

cheers,
ian