[Update] Re: GDB on Win2k doesn't work for me.

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Thu Jun 29 16:19:00 GMT 2000

On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 07:00:54PM -0400, Paul Stodghill wrote:
>>>Any ideas?
>>
>>Yes.  I've given two suggestions that I haven't seen followed up on.
>>
>>1) Try 'set debugexceptions'
>
>Right, forgot about that...
>
>I tried this and it doesn't fix the problem.

It isn't supposed to fix the problem.  It was supposed to provide additional
debugging output.

>> 2) Debug gdb.exe and figure out where and why this is failing.
>
>I'm not sure how I can debug gdb without a working gdb, but I'm trying to
>improvise...
>
>I just tried running strace on gdb in both scenarios.

strace is not going to be useful here.

Someone suggested that B20.1 versions of gdb worked.

Otherwise, the judicious use of printf's in win32-nat.c is the only other
thing I can think of.

cgf