ksh and zsh

Ville Herva vherva@niksula.hut.fi
Thu Jun 29 12:27:00 GMT 2000

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 10:42:47PM -0500, you [Matthew Smith] claimed:
> Hi, out of curiousity, has anyone been able to compile ksh (the "real"
> version, not pdksh), and/or zsh under cygwin?  If so, how?  Links to
> binaries would be great.  Thanks!

I have no idea about ksh, but zsh does compile nicely (as of 3.1.6). ISTR
you need to change few "__CYGWIN"'s to "__CYGWIN__" (see list archive for
details), but other than that, out of the box. Just configure and make. I
have the binary that I can send you if anything else fails.

Zsh even works so well that I dropped using the Amol Deshpande's native
win32 port of zsh.

-- v --

v@iki.fi