Debugging under SMP problem

Michael V. Nikolaev mvn@gu.kiev.ua
Thu Jun 29 05:02:00 GMT 2000

Hi,

I have latest Cygwin release installed under Windows NT server 4.0 (SP 6a) with dual Pentium II processors (cygcheck output is attached). When I trying to debug (with latest gdb) any program (just "main(){}") I get the following exception:

0x77f6ce4c in ?? ()

The executed instruction is "incl 0x10(%eax)" in NTDLL, and eax == 0. It is executed when cygwin
startup code attempts to load advapi.dll. The previous instruction loads eax with 0  from memory location (mov (%esi),%eax). I was trying to debug this program with Borland Turbodebugger (td32) - the result is the same. When being debugged on another, single-processor PC running WinNT WS SP 6a, all is OK, so I guess that this is Cygwin1.dll problem with SMP-platforms.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Michael