problems extracting the tcltk-20000610 archives

john and christy johncps@gatech.campuscwix.net
Wed Jun 28 20:02:00 GMT 2000

hi everyone,
I downloaded cygwin1.1.2 and installed it on my win98 machine without any
problems.  Because I am trying to use the tools for a cross compiler with a
win98 host and a shitachi-3 target, I downloaded all of the source and
extracted each archive individually, which went fine with the exception of
the tcltk archives. For some reason that has defeated me as of yet, the bash
shell shows that the tcltk subdirectories and files are all there, but
windows can't 'see' them, and the configuration script can't find them
either.  When I run the script it fails and reports that it can't find the
tcl configuration files. if anybody can help, I would greatly appreciate it.
-john