bash PATH problem [WAS:gdb 20000610 crashes]

Andre Bleau andre.bleau@courriel.polymtl.ca
Tue Jun 27 11:55:00 GMT 2000

The problem I had with is related to a bash PATH problem; I have an older
version of gdb in /c/GNAT/BIN while the newest version is in /usr/bin.
Seems that bash 2.04 has problems sorting the PATH. If type:

	PATH=/usr/bin
	export PATH
	gdb --version

I get:

GNU gdb 5.0
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin".

Good. Now, I add /c/GNAT/BIN at the end of the PATH:

	PATH=$PATH:/c/GNAT/BIN
	export PATH
	gdb --version

I get:

GNU gdb 4.17.gnat.3.12p
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-mingw32".

Seems that executables placed at the end of the PATH can sometimes overide
the ones placed at the beginning.

André Bleau, ing., analyste
bleau@courriel.polymtl.ca

Département de génie électrique et         Electric Engineering and
de génie informatique                      Computer Engineering department
École Polytechnique de Montréal            Montreal Polytechnic School