Problem with cygwin-1.1.2 gawk-3.0.4 [Was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gawk-3.0.4]

Christian Jönsson c.christian.joensson@telia.com
Mon Jun 26 06:45:00 GMT 2000

well, the my guess right now is that the problem has with passing of chars
between tcl and gawk. So, in that view, the problem *is* isolated. Earnie suggested
experimenting with escaping and that's what I did. The "resulting, but not equivalent to
unix/linux variants is this:

BASH.EXE-2.04$ less test1.tcl
set awkCode { { print "\" \""; print "\"flow \"" $2;} }

exec awk $awkCode

BASH.EXE-2.04$

and the original had this:

BASH.EXE-2.04$ less test1-orig.tcl
set awkCode { { print " "; print "\"flow " $2;} }

exec awk $awkCode

BASH.EXE-2.04$

I got my real problem "solved", I could run my test suite and had some differences
that looked like this:

../../ns test-suite-red.tcl flows_unforced QUIET
3,4c3,4
<
< "flow 1
---
> " "
> "flow "1
21,22c21,22
<
< "flow 2
---
> " "
> "flow "2
39,40c39,40
<
< "flow 3
---
> " "
> "flow "3
Test output differs from reference output

So, I'll leave it at this. There's some kind of problem related to passing chars
between tcl and gawk under cygwin.

Thanks for the help this far.

Cheers,

/ChJ