problems building cygwin from src tarball

jorg.schaible@db.com jorg.schaible@db.com
Thu Jun 15 11:29:00 GMT 2000

Hi,

what is the propesed procedure to build the cygwin-1.2.2 from the source tarball in latest. Naivly I downloaded the file, extracted the files into /src, went into /src/cygwin-1.2.2, run ./configure, and than make. Make stops complaining not finding install-sh  ... OK, there were some messages in the list some time ago concerning the missing install-sh.

Next try: After cleaning up the complete /src and reinstalling the cygwin source tarball: Switch into /src/cygwin-1.2.2, mkdir bld, cd bld, ../configure and then make ... fine, seems to work much better - unfortunately after some time make stops complaining about missing commands texinfo, texi2html, db2html ... I seem to miss something still ...

A short check proves that the files are not part of the texinfo.tar.gz ... ?

Greetings,
Jörg