rxvt and tcsh

Corinna Vinschen corinna@vinschen.de
Wed Jun 14 13:43:00 GMT 2000

Hans Weber wrote:

> rxvt 2.6.2 (or 2.7.2) for win32 seems to behave fairly well with bash,
> but not so well with tcsh (vinschen's version).  I have the following
> cygwin.bat:

I have found the same behaviour with TeraTerm.

> (btw, the problem seems win98 specific since I don't encounter it on my nt 4.0
> machine)

Nope. It's a general problem. I can reproduce it in W2K.

Unfortunately, we have still no solution.
Personally I'm using xterms on a Linux based X server which
works with tcsh but when I'm forced to use my TeraTerm, I
resize the window by starting `bash' as subshell from the
command line, then resizing, then `exit'.
VERY ugly, but it helps.

BTW: My name is `Corinna'.

Corinna