Supporting Open Source software

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Tue Jun 13 15:13:00 GMT 2000

We've already said that the person who would normally look into this
problem has been on an extended leave of absence from this mailing
list.  We have always relied heavily on Mumit to fix this kind of
problem in the past and his absence has left a huge void.

I've already responded that we are looking into the problem.  I had
asked one of our VOLUNTEERS to look into this last week.  It hadn't
penetrated my radar screen before that.  Before that time I was
concerned with CRLF line endings in files.

The basic problem is THERE IS NO ONE AVAILABLE WHO UNDERSTANDS GCC WELL
ENOUGH TO FIX THE PROBLEM QUICKLY.

Is this clear now, Bunky?

cgf